MOSAIC TUMBLESTONE WALL TILES DO I SEAL FIRST OR AFTER??????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to have my kitchen walls tiled in the tiny brick mosaic these are tumblestone. My tiler has said they will only need sealing once but they must be done. Well thats easy enough, but the lady in the tile shop says they must be treated with something else first (forgot the name) and then sealed, then about every 9 months give them a buff. Can anyone help with the correct procedure as these are quite expensive. She said if I seal before putting on this other treatment (forgot the name) then the tiles would go almost white and stay that way forever. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
if the store says they need to be sealed, i personally would would use lithofin stain stop (available in good tile stores and a few bad ones)beofre i put them up and before grouting. better safe than sorry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back