Most economical programming

bdw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a three bedroom house heated by a combi boiler. My wife and I are retired and at home most of the time.

I have the heating timed (Hive controller) to come on at 07.30 until 23.45. In cold weather (today for example) I am finding that in the mornings it takes three or four hours to reach the target temperature (21.5C).

Is this reasonable or should it be quicker? The radiators are very hot and all seems well with the boiler settings. Would it be more economical to leave the heating on overnight?

Sponsored Links
Definitely not more economical to heat the house overnight.

It's likely that the radiators are too small for the current level of house insulation when the weather gets really cold. They are struggling to replace the heat that is being lost.

It may only be getting sufficiently warm after 4 hours in the morning because the outside temp has had a chance to rise a little by 10:00 am and the heat losses will have been reduced.

So take a good look at the levels of insulation first. Improvements there are usually money well spent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back