Most pointless tool?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the odd occasion that I'm in Homebase, I like to have a little smile at all the 'wonder-tools' that hapless chumps fork out good money for.

What are people's votes for the most pointless tools EVER?
(Feel free to include a short rant too) ;)

My choice...

PAINT RUNNER - £29.95

Simply pour in half a can of paint and never have to reload the roller - whoo, because re-loading a roller is SUCH a pain, eh?
Oh, and to clean it, just stand it in the sink for half an hour under a running tap and it's 'just like brand new' (then clean all the splashed paint off your sink and kitchen)

Oh, for goodness sake, just get a pair of roller sleaves from Wickes for about £3.50, use it for a couple of jobs (more if you can be bothered to clean it nicely) then chuck it away.

... no, I didn't buy one of these.

(I needed that!) :evil:

Sponsored Links
Electric carving knives are great for cutting rolls of loft insulation narrower.

Sponsored Links
Those magnetic pick up tools, on a car aeriel type extension thing. this

Ok, I know theyr only a quid ,or five in some cases.
But they bend and snap.errr just like a car aeriel. Can you believe it?

Not strictly a tool but a close associate

http://www.tools4trade.com/shop_productdetail.aspx?pid=882002

Has anyone ever seen a person wearing one of these :eek:

You would look a complete spanner. :cry:

I was only thinking the other day how I might be able to use of one these, not this model btw looks very "bob the builder"

I was working from a cherry picker with limited space and was carrying the fluke meter, butt phone, wire stippers, punch down, crimps, screwdrivers etc.

Already use a tool pouch but end up feeling very unbalanced sometimes

Please post a photo :LOL: :LOL:

Maybe for that application it would be OK I was thinking more of some keen DIYer wearing one around the house :oops: :cry: :LOL:

The allen keys supplied with Swedish flat pack furniture. Swedes obviously have a perverse sense of humour.

Those magnetic pick up tools, on a car aeriel type extension thing. this

Ok, I know theyr only a quid ,or five in some cases.
But they bend and snap.errr just like a car aeriel. Can you believe it?

Actually I've found these extremely useful from picking up nuts and bolts that have dropped behind the engine bay etc...

I think Thermo has trumped everybody who has posted or will post. Spot-on Therms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back