Most reliable wireless alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the thread title, looking for a wireless system, Pyronix have one £250 on ebay, the rest of the ones Ive seen are much cheaper,

Looking for the most reliable

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately it was considered but due to the wiring of it, I have come to a dead end and cannot unless I take a whole brick out or most in order too feed the wire for the alarm box

So what were you going to fill the hole again, and then drill a hole for the cables?

Bricks are not taken out to run cables, drill a 1"dia hole then 'fish' the wire through. just needs a little thought.

Don't fit wireless, just think of all that battery changing.

How do you think all alarm systems were fitted before the good old wireless came along and everyone then wanted no cables showing.

No cables showing, do you honestly think that it was not possible to do that from the start of the alarm industry, well it was if really required.

In the past I have run cables down cavities between many floors both in houses and offices. It takes a bit of fiddling but it's not impossible.

Get a cable into the airing cupboard and from there into the loft and then drill into the loft from outside and then run a long length of fencing or coathanger wire into the loft as a draw wire for the cable.
You said,
.......................................... looking for the most reliable

For once Bernard is completely right. :whistle: Did I actually write that?

That might make it a little easier for you.

Sponsored Links
why can’t anyone give a straight answer... Pyronix Enforcer or Texecom Premier Elite With Ricochet. Both are industry leading & you’ll get loads of support on here.

Wireless alarms are only reliable if fitted correctly and consideration taken for wireless range and potential interference, they don’t work everywhere whereas a hardwired system will, the systems mentioned above are hybrid so it gives you an option to cable as much as possible.

Attachments

• 476E10CC-414F-4AF4-937C-2F284ED9E9E3.png
    476E10CC-414F-4AF4-937C-2F284ED9E9E3.png
    437 KB · Views: 56
Thanks for the replies, Ive always wanted to get a wired one.

Its a two story out house, a joiner seems to think that if I drill a hole from the outside its going to hit the floor bored in the middle, but I always thought there would be a air gap?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back