Mot help! On headlights

ih

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Good neighbour also retired needs help to know implications of Mot on headlights if they
Are european left hand drive replacements! She is struggling to get rhd set for desent price
Car is seat ibiza 1.4 (2003) 29k miles thanking in advance for help/ advise
Regards
Ih

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The OP could fit beam converters to cut out the right hand dip and just have a flat beam. They can do that themself with some masking tape by checking the beam against a wall when it's dark. It might buy the OP some time to look around for a secondhand pair of lamps.

Plenty of secondhand headlamps on eBay around the £30 mark (each).

• Thanks
Reactions: ih
Many thanks all! Pattern replacement is the easy way forward! Thanks john

Only if fitted. ;)

You could of course remove, permanently disconnect or cover up the position lamps and then the headlamps can't be tested. :whistle:

Tell me you are a dodgy MOT tester without telling me you are a dodgy MOT tester!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

Tell me you are a dodgy MOT tester without telling me you are a dodgy MOT tester!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy
Unfortunately I don't do mot's anymore but basically the mot is about bare minimum standards with any doubt to be given to the vehicle presenter. I do know the rules though and there are many instances where you can legally pass a car which seems wrong but it's their rules and you won't get into trouble for applying them. Lights are just one such thing - you don't legally need to have lights fitted or connected to a car to pass the test. Cracked windscreen? Remove it. No windscreen is not a fail. No windscreen and that knocks out the wipers and washers. Seat belt not working? Remove the seat (or fit a child seat in place which they are not allowed to remove). If you can't test it, it can't be failed.

Only if fitted. ;)

You could of course remove, permanently disconnect or cover up the position lamps and then the headlamps can't be tested. :whistle:

Why would you want a "Daylight Use Only" MOT.

Insurance would have a field day if you crashed in "reduced visibility" let alone dusk.

Insurance would have a field day if you crashed in "reduced visibility" let alone dusk.
or rain , my son went for a test in his car , and the dipped beam failed on the way and the tester refused to take him out , even though it was a bright day, excuse was that if it does start to rain and turn dark then thats illegal not to have dipped beam
how true this i do not know - but the instructor failed to convince the tester and he failed

It's about as much use as a chocolate fireguard for a normal vehicle.

Can't the OP get a pair of headlights from a breaker? There are plenty online. They'll be a fraction of the price for new.

Sponsored Links
Back