MOT Type 1 Issue

Im thinking of re-using the sand from underneath the block paving that ive just brought up. Im planning on throwing it over the MOT to fill in some voids...this should be ok shouldnt it?

Sponsored Links
I was working on a deep sewer job after leaving school, (30 years ago, gulp). The Backfill spec was Type 1 to approx 300mm from finished road surface. Then 200mm of clean stone, which we dusted until it would take no more, then the Macadam.

For a patio you'll be fine.

I've just had two 11 tonne loads dropped on our site. The first was standard 40mm to dust. The second load was completely different with loads of finer dust in it.

Sponsored Links
Me again...

I tried to compact the type one mentioned in the initial post and it just didnt have anything to bind with and most of it is far more than 40mm. I threw some sand down from the top part of the garden but its still not going rock hard like im expecting.

Luckily im still dealing with a little bit of a slope so ive got more stuff coming tomorrow from a different supplier.

In the top part of my garden ive removed the block paving that seems to be sat on 50mm of sand. Im guessing i need to dig all this out and MOT again if im wanting to lay porcelain on top?...even tho the bed of sand is well compacted???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back