MOT Type 1

Its not what was ordered, just cos its been spread out doesn't mean its acceptable. I ordered some top soil once and it was delivered and I barrowed round to the back garden and filled my rockery area, decided after I had done that it wasn't topsoil as such as had bits of glass in it etc, after having conversation with trading standards people barrowed it all back to the front and got supplier to collect and deliver proper topsoil which he fortunately did with no hassle. Talk to your trading standards people and possibly bluff the supplier that you are going to take him to small claims court to recover your costs for its collection/removal . You decided on the need for MOT 1 for your project so I can understand why you don't know want to have an inferior build and use the carp you have been given. Of course I was much younger back in the day and was up for a fight these days I may well not want the hassle and in your case time looks an issue.
By no means was a suggesting that it was acceptable due to being spread. But the time and effort it will take to return to a position where it can be collected may be more costly that it is worth.

Sponsored Links
The whole transaction was done on the phone. I have no evidence of what we ordered, no invoice, paid cash etc.

My naivety perhaps but more likely to get a brick through the window than a successful result via legal methods.

Now it’s been raining all of the filler has become more obvious. I think options are limited, bearing in mind we have effectively been conned rather than engaged in a normal and professional transaction

By no means was a suggesting that it was acceptable due to being spread. But the time and effort it will take to return to a position where it can be collected may be more costly that it is worth.
Exactly this. I’m trying to assess if there’s any merit to starting again.

I should add it hasn’t all been spread. But we’d still be talking £1k+ to get us to the position we should be in. Including taking the old stuff away, replacement mot and labour

Which could be worth it depending how important this stage is and how viable using what we have is

Exactly this. I’m trying to assess if there’s any merit to starting again.

I should add it hasn’t all been spread. But we’d still be talking £1k+ to get us to the position we should be in. Including taking the old stuff away, replacement mot and labour

Which could be worth it depending how important this stage is and how viable using what we have is
Hambletons Stone Sales - speak to Gary - ask for MOT type 1.

Great gear quarried in Derby. Some of the best MOT I've worked with.

Sponsored Links
Hambletons are good. I always use Mainland Aggregates - Type 1 Sub Base

However, judging by your previous posts I think it isn't going to be cost effective to replace. If the material compacts ok, it is probably best to make do with what you have.

I would take as lesson learned and let it be, and worry about bigger fish on the horizon.

If this was the only thing to worry about you've got a smashing builder but in reality there will no doubt be something more important to focus on coming up rather than trip yourself up with delays and stress over this one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back