Mot1 or similar a requirment? Old floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all

I may have overlooked a detail on my floor i am doing. So the story is iv dug my old kitchen floor up to lay a new concrete pad, and insulation and screed.

I am following the detail of my plans from my extension we have had built so that the floor is the same buildup on the old and new side, same insulation thickness, screed concrete etc but not sure if i need hardcore.

On the details of my new build we layed compacted hardcore, then the 100mm pad as per plans.

But the current situation on my old kitchen floor that iv dug out, can i put the concrete onto the existing ground that is exposed? Its techinically settled ground as its been like it for decades. However this does not mean its the right thing so do i need to dig lower and compact 100mm of hardcore it?

Its got to be passed off so not sure what they will expect as its a retro fit

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back