motability servicing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a citroen c4 motability car, it's only 9 mnths old, i phoned the dealer about when to bring it in for service ect and was told it doesn't need a service for the three years i'll have it, is this correct, thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Hi stivino, But why would she tell me that because it's a motability car it doesn't need a service for the first 3 years.

Maybe because they think you're not going to be hard on it and if you don't do a lot of miles it'll take you three years to do 20,000 miles.

Sponsored Links
IIRC there's an upper limit of about 20,000 miles per year for the motability scheme. That was a bit of a downer for my stepson, who covered about 30,000 miles per year in his wheelchair carrier.

We used to replace his car with an ex-motability adapted car every couple of years or so. It was rare to see more than about 25,000 miles on a 3-year old car, and even rarer to find anything of a service history.

Maybe the scheme operators, in line with some other large fleet operators, can tolerate an occasional catastrophic failure as a cheaper alternative (for them) than adhering to the manufacturer's recommended service intervals.

Back