Motion Detection on Hikvision NVR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like some "intelligence" when playing back footage and have stumbled across this motion detection feature. I was hoping that I would see "Alarm" blocks on my footage and I could then prioritise these. I thought I had configured it appropriately on the applicable camera but it's not behaving as I expected:
upload_2019-12-30_21-59-18.png

In terms of config, the desired camera has the following:
upload_2019-12-30_22-0-33.png

I have also drawn on an area of the screen and raised the sensitivity up to 80.

I've also set the arming schedule as follows:
upload_2019-12-30_22-1-44.png

I was unsure on the Linkage Method tab but has set as follows (D3 is the affected camera)
upload_2019-12-30_22-2-32.png

I'd appreciate your advice on this please.

Sponsored Links
Motion detect with screen monitoring will bring the image onto your monitor when the camera detects movement within your zone area.
What are you expecting motion detect to do ?

I am expecting it to flag up the motions (in an appropriate colour) on the timeline so I can fast forward to these. Does that make sense?
Thanks for your help

I am expecting it to flag up the motions (in an appropriate colour) on the timeline so I can fast forward to these. Does that make sense?
Thanks for your help

You mean like this? Motion events shown in red on the timeline. (Main image pixellated)

Pix.jpg

Sponsored Links
Motion detection is not shown in the playback through a web browser. You need to log directly into the NVR with a screen or use the actual Hikvision app.

I’ve tested on the app and don’t see any motion indication on their either. I know it’s working now as I am receiving emails based on motion detection. Just not seeing the colour coding on the playback timeline...

I’ve tested on the app and don’t see any motion indication on their either. I know it’s working now as I am receiving emails based on motion detection. Just not seeing the colour coding on the playback timeline...

Sorry I should have been clearer I do not mean the phone app I am talking about the desktop app for MAC/Windows https://www.hikvision.com/en/support/download/software/ivms4200-series/

I use the MAC version and defiantly has motion detection playback on there.

Incidentally, what do others think of iVMS 4200 version 3.x ?
I find it slower to start and a big resource hog. Have gone back to the latest build of v.2

On my own HIK, I have the line crossing detection etc, but I also use on playback a line crossing or intrusion for an area of interest.

this creates a quick way of going through footage, expecially if the original line crossing is not in the area you are currently interested in.

Found it very quick and reliable too.

Thanks for the responses. I have now installed the windows app and still don't see the alarms:
upload_2020-1-3_9-40-1.png

Any suggestions please?

Also, on motion detection, I live off a main road and had to play around with the drawn area on my drive and the sensitivity setting in order to reduce the false alarms. After drawing the area away from the road (and closer to my house) and reducing the sensitivity to 40, I was getting a very good response. However...it rained overnight and this caused over 100 alarms! Is this feature not very good?
I could reduce the sensitivity down to 20 if that would help with the rain but will that massively compromise the regular motion detection?

I also have a line crossing detection in my back garden and this has been pretty good so far. It certainly withstood the onslaught of rain!

I would really appreciate any advice on the use of these features please.

Personally I wouldn't want to use it for any sort of alarm. Perhaps indoors in what should be an empty room, but outdoors there is just too much potential for false alarms.
In my examples above, the motion triggers were due to a fox.

To clarify, my use of "alarm" was just referring to the app/email notifications as opposed to the burglar alarm being activated. I know the latter is possible too.

Yes that's what I was referring to as well. I wouldn't want to be disturbed by an email or text every time a fox or cat wandered by.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back