Motor auction prices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
work pal has just got a 2006 focus sport 1.6 at the motor auctions for £3150 ...mileage is a bit high as it is a company car but its in excellent condition with a fsh...he said other cars are going well below market prices and the auctions was not empty but not busy at all.........at least some good news in the current climate

Sponsored Links
Going to the auctions on monday to see if i can get my son a (black corsa 1.2 sxi O5 or 55 reg) bit picky i suppose but i was wondering what sort of price i should be paying.
There is one in a garage near us for £3995, does that sound ok.
Tia

Dont really know much about auction prices myself but the guy I work with goes often and he said the main buyers (big car supermarkets) are not selling their own stock so they are not buying from the auctions hence a small er amount of buyers and with the current situation even they have dropped off......also with companys going bust,scaling down or just replenishing stock they are going to auction without reserve........he said its a buyes market right now.....

Those are ironically the cars holding their value best. If you're in the market for a large engined German car, then prices have absolutely collapsed.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all, going tomorrow so i will post back with my results.
Got to go for a small 1200cc because my son has only just passed his test and the insurance is frightening :eek:

Thanks all, going tomorrow so i will post back with my results.
Got to go for a small 1200cc because my son has only just passed his test and the insurance is frightening :eek:

How old is your son? 17? there is a bit of difference between insurance between a guy who has just passed at 17, and just passed at say 19, It truley is frightening, I did a test quote for my brother when he passed at 17 in the summer... £1600 TPFT on a 900cc Citreon AX :O. I had a 1100cc Fiat punto when I was about 19 and that cost about £750 tpft back when I'd had license less than a year (passed test month before 19th birthday, and was driving my Mother's car on her insurance for 6 months or so)

It does get better though :), I'm 22 now (21 when I renewed insurance) and 2 NCB, and my 2L mondeo runaround costs £525 TPFT (so still much higher than those in theire 30's and 40's are paying... but not obscene anymore!)

£125 Fully comp. But I'd trade your years for my premium.

Sponsored Links
Back