Motorcycle turntable outside garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people

well heres a stickler, I have 2 motorcycles and in 4 months time when I move into my new house (letting it out at present) I am having a garage built in my back garden to keep my two bikes etc in. It will only have access from the front of the house and thats down a single flagged path. (No cars!) There will be a short 9-12ft path to the garage and this is what I am thinking I want:
outside the front door of my garage, I would like a turntable type floor so when I "reverse" either bike out, I just spin the bike on the floor round to ride straight out. Similar I suppose to the end of line train thingy's. I have thought of making it from wood but as its outside I am not sure as to longevity. Anyone any ideas? ANy firms around the Wigan area that do this type of work? In the house I rent now I do a 5 point turn to get my bike out so when I move into my own property it would be nice to have soem pampering :)

Sponsored Links
They are the xact things except for 2 things, neither of my bikes have centre stands and the larger one for the car is £5000! I have mailed them to see what they can advise. Thansk anyway sir :cry:

Could you not reverse in, eliminating the need to turn the bikes?

Sponsored Links
the garage will be approx 70feet from the roadway down my single width flagged path so Im afraid reversing in really isnt an option. Hence if I had a "turntable" outside my garage doors it would be so easy just to roll the bike backwards a few feet and spin it round then just ride out. Thanks for the input though.

I have a Fireblade and a Blackbird. The blade obviously has no centre stand and I have removed the centre stand from the bird. All I do (in my garage) is lean the bikes over to me and swivel it round on the stand. I have done that for years, no problems.

Hey Bob, I have done that but find it a bit awkward. My R1 is ok but me Bandits a bit of a pig to do it.

Hi
I am about to put my husband motorcycle turntable on e-bay and am looking on the internet for similar items. The turntable is for use in a garage or outside if you have restricted space. I can't find any similar for sale. Does anyone have any idea what they sell for?
Thanks

I'm another who uses the side stand. Get one of the mechanics at your local dealer to show you how it's done.

Hi people

well heres a stickler, I have 2 motorcycles and in 4 months time when I move into my new house (letting it out at present) I am having a garage built in my back garden to keep my two bikes etc in. It will only have access from the front of the house and thats down a single flagged path. (No cars!) There will be a short 9-12ft path to the garage and this is what I am thinking I want:
outside the front door of my garage, I would like a turntable type floor so when I "reverse" either bike out, I just spin the bike on the floor round to ride straight out. Similar I suppose to the end of line train thingy's. I have thought of making it from wood but as its outside I am not sure as to longevity. Anyone any ideas? ANy firms around the Wigan area that do this type of work? In the house I rent now I do a 5 point turn to get my bike out so when I move into my own property it would be nice to have soem pampering :)

Hi i have a pal who had a simmilar problem he got a friend of mine to build him a turntable- if i can load the picture you can see for yourself.
its a drive on, park your bike, lift a lever and it just spins round easy.
he added a padded pole for the helmet and gloves and a hanger for your jacket.
it has holes for bolting down for security and a front fabrication for a stop and to lock the bike to.
if you want further information contact me.
i am sure he would make some more

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back