Motorised Valve. Strange, 2 problems in 1?

hi again - a few days later!! well anyway thanks for the link on how a 3 port mid position valve works - i have been looking at it a lot to learn :D

there is just 1 slight thing i would like clarification on :) if i may ...

when htg is last to go off (be satisifed), and approx 100v remain on the orange wire, do 230 v still remian on the grey wire (as the valve is held in the last position). ? or is there only voltage on the grey wire when the valve is in the htg ONLY position, ie port a open.

Sponsored Links
the grey will be live when hw switched off at programmer or the cyl stat is satisfied.
the grey also holds valve is last position. if you take power off grey the valve will go back to relaxed position hw open heating closed.

yes i understand that, but if this is the case then, why does the orange wire need 100 or so volts to it, if GREY is 230v live when hw goes off last and valve is held in its last position, ie heating only

and basically when htg is off last, the valve has 230 volts on grey and 100 approx on orange? is that FINALLY correct? :p

sorry folks i am annoying i know - i am just trying to master the 3 port mid!! :)

on top of my above post-am i correct in thinking that the GREY wire is LIVE when both hw and htg are also both off at the programmer? (as cyl stat not calling for heat)

and the reason why the orange has approx 100 v when htg off last is incase htg is selected only/calls only again next, so it can give power to pump and boiler?

ANYONE GOT ANY LINK TO A HOW A 2 PORT DIVERTER VALVE WORKS PLEASE?! :)

Sponsored Links
yes i understand that, but if this is the case then, why does the orange wire need 100 or so volts to it, if GREY is 230v live when hw goes off last and valve is held in its last position, ie heating only

and basically when htg is off last, the valve has 230 volts on grey and 100 approx on orange? is that FINALLY correct? :p

if hot water go's off last the valve will be held in last position hw open heating closed.

if the heating gos off last the grey will still have 230v and 100v orange.

never studied it enough to see why orange gets 100v.

grey is only live from cyl stat satisfied or hw off at programmer.
grey has nothing to do with heating
if hw satisfied and heating called for the grey will be 230v and orange 230v
if the heating is called it will move to the other micro switch giving 230v from grey down to orange.

GOT IT NOW! thanks a lot. sorry for keep going on about it, it just interests me! :)

anyway, ive also worked out!... that if hw and htg are both satisfied at the same time (v unlikely but still) then the valve will be de-energised and return to its relaxed position (hw port open and no power to the valve)!

have you got a whole manual full of these valve diagrams as you keep finding new ones.
they make my head spin after a while.
ok-wink.gif

have you got a whole manual full of these valve diagrams as you keep finding new ones.
No. I just search the worldwide Patent database. It's amazing how many products are advertised as patented, when all they have done is apply for a patent, which may not be granted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back