Motorised valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, got a problem with my heating, I put a new motorised valve on about 3 years ago and has already stopped working! About a year ago it was working fine but when it clicked out of heating mode it banged like a knock on the pipe. Then 6 months ago stopped working, only water, now the heating works only withe the water on a swell when I switch on manual leaver. The valve is a horstmann f322.
Also can't control heating with the thermostat when on manual.

Anyone help please.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I am not a plumber, just a DIY-er, and I had to replace my 20 year old Drayton mid position actuator MA1 with another that I bought from B&Q about 5 years ago and no problems since: 20 years life sounds reasonable to me.

Ok thanks for that but I rearly wanted someone who knew what they were talking about ,like aplumber , who could tell me why this was happening and either cure the problem or advise me otherwise .
Thanks anyway.

First you need a multimeter

Then you need to follow this guide.

It's the only way to diagnose the fault with 100% confidence

Screenshot_2015-11-15-17-52-39.png
Screenshot_2015-11-15-17-52-34.png

You didn't say you what your job was , the problem was,or could be ,or valve to get.

My profile gives a fair description.

The problem is a guffed valve. Could be a totally guffed valve.

A better one.

Could always try the search button ;)

didn't look at your profile , and I could of told you that, i don't know why I'm bothering,I've got my info off somebody else ,not you . ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back