Motorists to be fined for driving in cycle lanes

Mr Khant is ready to cash in on another scam.
Expect thousands of cameras fitted everywhere in any London boroughs.

Sponsored Links
I'm actually not averse to trundling through 20 zones at or near 20, it's quite relaxing. However said relaxing drive is soon disrupted by a tw*t who decides to settle 5 feet from your rear bumper ...

Yes, sorry about that. :mrgreen:

But 20 is just too slow and I like to get into 4th as I get better MPG. Cost of fuel and all that. Perhaps you could pull over and let me pass next time, old bean. (y)

Yes, sorry about that. :mrgreen:

But 20 is just too slow and I like to get into 4th as I get better MPG. Cost of fuel and all that. Perhaps you could pull over and let me pass next time, old bean. (y)
lol

Nope, sorry. I'll stick to my standard 25mph and if you don't like it, TOUGH!

:)

Sponsored Links
The problem is, is their a safe tailgating speed? Even a shunt at 15mph can have serious consequences for someone with a physical disability.
But if you are close enough the impact speed will be minimum. The big danger is a car 4 lengths behind, does not see your emergency brake and hits you at 60 mph, If they had only been 3 foot behind, impact would be closer to 5 mph.

I've posted before about this.. but about 10 years ago, I was first on scene to a fatal motorcycle accident. Rider was in middle lane of motorway, clipped by 4x4 pickup in outside lane who did not look before making a late dash for the exit he'd almost missed. Rider knocked in to car in first lane, bounces off and loses control, driver following behind rider in middle lane (too closely) runs him over. Driver in outside lane was never traced. Driver in middle lane was prosecuted.

Back