Motorway services

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1. Their sliproads are stupidly short

2. Coming out of Keele services between J15 and 16 of the M6, Northbound, today, a massive pothole just as I joined the motorway nearly took out my O/S suspension. :evil: :evil: Not a welcome "break" (hehe im proud of that one). The car parks are often in a poor state of repair.

3. Everything is so expensive! I paid 60p for some doritos, £1.60 for some red bull! People say KFC and bugger king etc are more expensive on the motorway, but they aren't.

4. The signs are written in hyroglyphics. Why cant they just have signs written with English words on them, instead of meaningless chains of symbols strapped onto a scaffold pole?

5. No I dont want a breast cancer UK credit card! So stop harrassing me as I come out of the bogs!

6. Why is there a gambling area? Who uses that?! Its always empty when I go by it! :eek:

[/rant]

Sponsored Links
yeh the gamling area is for truckers taking a welcome break from rolling up dead people in bits of carpet.

Yeah, Fiestas have poor brakes. ;)

2. Coming out of Keele services between J15 and 16 of the M6, Northbound, today, a massive pothole just as I joined the motorway nearly took out my O/S suspension.
A good driver would have spotted that pothole - have you had your eyes tested recently? :cool:

3. Everything is so expensive! I paid 60p for some doritos, £1.60 for some red bull! People say KFC and b*****r king etc are more expensive on the motorway, but they aren't.
Even compared to the co-op? :eek:

4. The signs are written in hyroglyphics. Why cant they just have signs written with English words on them, instead of meaningless chains of symbols strapped onto a scaffold pole?
Not sure I've seen these. :confused:

5. No I dont want a breast cancer UK credit card! So stop harrassing me as I come out of the bogs!
Perhaps they think you're a candidate - do you have man boobs? :LOL:

6. Why is there a gambling area? Who uses that?! Its always empty when I go by it!
I'm with you on this one though. ;)

Sponsored Links
Yeah, Fiestas have poor brakes. ;)
my car has great brakes and new tyres - its the accelleration bit i was bothered about

2. Coming out of Keele services between J15 and 16 of the M6, Northbound, today, a massive pothole just as I joined the motorway nearly took out my O/S suspension.
A good driver would have spotted that pothole - have you had your eyes tested recently? :cool:
actually no, but it was a shady spot and the sun was shining so it was hard to see the state of the road surfacing. For people who like to get a run-up to a m/way sliproad, this pothole is a complete deathtrap for cars. Thankfully I was following a lorry.

3. Everything is so expensive! I paid 60p for some doritos, £1.60 for some red bull! People say KFC and b*****r king etc are more expensive on the motorway, but they aren't.
Even compared to the co-op? :eek:
prices for comparison: doritos 42p, red bull £1.15

Not sure I've seen these. :confused:
I think this was actually at a moto service stop on the M62 somewhere, though there cant just be one like this

Out of interest, is the M6 J15-16 the longest stretch of motorway in the country with no junctions? It sure felt like it.

I thought the only people who stopped at motorway services were incontinants and drug dealers.

I drink a lot (OF WATER!) while driving, especially the long journey from doncaster to eccleshall, and doncaster to southport. Two hours in a car is a long time. Could get deep vein thrombosis or something. :LOL:

And I was early for my appointment in Eccleshall so I called at Keele for food on the way there, only 10 mins away. And there were no bog facilities at my "appointment" so I had to call there again the way back.

:LOL:

I think their main use is in erm those games of a slightly deviant nature, though, if you get my drift. Mind you, that astronut woman wore them to travel across the States without stopping...

:LOL:

I think their main use is in erm those games of a slightly deviant nature, though, if you get my drift. Mind you, that astronut woman wore them to travel across the States without stopping...

They do have another use, I was connecting some outdoor lighting in a public park and there was a group of severly disabled people and their carers having a picnic, as they were packing up I overheard one of the carers saying "we had better change the nappies before we get on the bus", I thought perhaps being a sparky isnt so bad after all!

Hasn't the co-op in Eccleshall got bogs?:cool:

Keele is pretty bad as are most of them

Ecclesall is too posh for a co-op :) it has a Tesco Extra instead.

1, Yes, usually terminated with high concrete kerbs and a 90 degree turn

2, My car was fitted with a steering wheel to allow me to avoid such obstacles

3, I have no idea how much these things cost, perhaps you should walk next door to see what they charge and take a comparison. ;)

4, Yes, I often wonder what mind altering drugs were in use during the design of these signs, it certainly wasnt asprin

5, Nor am I interested in windows from "West Yorkshire Windows"

6, I have spent many a hapy hour at the bandits with my partner when we first met as we had nowhere else to go. They are busy whenever I pass them now...

Indeed, I dont even know where it is! I assume it is to the left.

Meadowhall, there is a woman that drones it at you and it drives me wild.

5, Nor am I interested in windows from "West Yorkshire Windows"

Or anything else from W Yorks.... ;)
You're not a liquorice fan then....

705px-PontefractCakes.jpg

Or a beer drinker.

Sponsored Links
Back