Motorways

I

imamartian

motorways are descrete, 'never the twain shall meet' roads.... should the authorities build in gaps, so that the three lanes can become two lane vs one lane highway up to the next 'gap' ....in the event of an accident, so that traffic can keep flowing both sides?

Sponsored Links
So you're advocating slow traffic in both directions rather than stationary in just one?

I see where your going, but how could "automatic contra flow" be implemented?

Too expensive, impossibel to police. Thats just for starters.

theres always about 20 cop cars at every incident... a couple on the other side putting out cones would work... especially for a 4 or 5 hour lane closure?!!

Sponsored Links
The concept of some automated bollards rising from the surface sound potentially dangerous. Apart from anything, it means that the entire motorway network would need digging up to install them and the associated wiring :LOL: :LOL:

Suppose it would keep immigrants in work for years ;)

theres always about 20 cop cars at every incident... a couple on the other side putting out cones would work... especially for a 4 or 5 hour lane closure?!!
I see.

Canta... your demeanour seems to have changed... are you supping the gods elixir? you've gone from happy-go-lucky to quite surly !!! :eek:

Stay on topic!!

I've thought for a long time now that all motorways should be upgraded to three sets of three lanes (with associated hardshoulders of course), so that in the event of an accident then a variation of Imamartian's suggestion could apply, and that workmen could be doing their thing on one set of lanes to their hearts ferking content while the rest of us can drive on the other two sets without these endless delays :) :LOL:

Stay on topic!!

I've thought for a long time now that all motorways should be upgraded to three sets of three lanes (with associated hardshoulders of course), so that in the event of an accident then a variation of Imamartian's suggestion could apply, and that workmen could be doing their thing on one set of lanes to their hearts ferking content while the rest of us can drive on the other two sets without these endless delays :) :LOL:

thanks for your support.. and the idea is super sound apart from the cost....

Now what makes you lot think a half sensible idea would be implemented?

Now what makes you lot think a half sensible idea would be implemented?
Absolutely - only 0.001%sensible ideas are implemented. Back to the drawing board. Now about those automatically elevating bollards on the M1.... :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back