Mould on floorboards, advice needed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all just after a bit of advice please. As pics show some white mould spots in patches in my living room suspended floor. The floor is double boarded with tongue and groove on top and standard floorboards underneath that. No visible dampness or major smell. The previous laminates were down for 20 years on top of a thin foam underlay. Is it worth trying to lift some of the boards for further inspection? Ive tried from one end and they are not even budging which could mean they have been glued down previously. Or clean treat and place new flooring? Thanks very much.

Attachments

• 20230101_172409.jpg
    20230101_172409.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 20230101_172402.jpg
    20230101_172402.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 20230101_172346.jpg
    20230101_172346.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 77
Sponsored Links
Have you got vents for under the floorboards at front , side and back if the house ? If so are they clear.

Hi dazlight. There's vents at front and side. Sides were slightly blocked when I looked earlier but only with insulation. I stuck a pole through to clear what I could. One of the sides was blocked up with cement! Cleared that now.it may have been that but the white stains are coming off very easily with a wipe. I had a front porch done last year and I'm looking at some of the older flooring near the old front door and can see some previous water ingress un gapsbut it's dried now. It may have been that being a 1940s property. But no smell or visible/touch signs of any damp. The foam underlay was stuck to the floorboards in many parts. I really don't know. The upper floorboards are nailed in so removing will cause a lot of damage. I'm really thinking of cleaning, treating and leaving for a week to see if anything visible. Sorry for the long response!

White vinegar and water 50/50 to clean as bleach can tread about.
Bit cold and damp? Buy humidity sensor for interest

Sponsored Links
Thanks Wayners I will see if I can get my hands on one. The floor is a bit cold but not damp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back