mould on front door walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
since I had my PVC front door replaced with a wooden door, I am now getting mould patches on the walls surrounding the door. Any suugestions would be of help. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
bit more info why have you had it replaced with a wooden door and if you can some pictures please. could be something as simple as a ventalation issue. where round the door is the mould.

also look for rain penetrating round the sides or top of the frame, if it was fitted badly and is exposed.

We used to get this with our old door. I believe it was where the draft excluder strip (weather strip?) wasn't sealing against the door entirely when it was shut.

Sponsored Links
Condensation and then mould is caused when warm air meets cold air. Perhaps you have a draft coming in or that the UPVC door was well insulated and the new wooden door is obviosly not. Is it a cavity wall? Is there poor air circulation in that area? Not an easy problem to cure I would forget about anti mould paint, your not curing the problem. Easy to say but put your old door back on, maybe? Good luck :confused: :unsure:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back