Moulded Door Lock Block Mishap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Wondered if someone could help. I recently had several moulded doors hung by someone else. Had to remove them to trim the bottom edge when the carpets were fitted. No problem there but while they were off I noticed that one of the door latches/handles was not in the lock block side and is already coming loose after 2 weeks.

Is there a fix for this I've taken the handle off and the latch out and was planning on packing it in some way. I can get small blocks of wood through the latch but not got enough access to keep them in place.

Second option had been to push some rawplugs into the handle screw holes then use some expanding foam into the latch hole let that set and re drill the latch hole again with a flat bit.

Is this a terrible idea? I know the problems with exapnding foam splitting doors. Any other options?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
are you talking tube latch or lock!!

the easiest way but not pretty is countersunk machine screw and nut
you can get get femail threded bolts for the other end so each side looks the same but can remember what they are called :rolleyes:
these but smaller and longer
http://www.woodfit.com/product_info...abinet+Connector+-+30+to+39mm+-+Nickel+Plated

oo get the origional person back to rectify unless thats to embarasing [father in law for example] :oops: :oops:

if room hollow door plugs
http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/...full-hollow-door-fixing-plug-(pack-of-10).asp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back