Mounting ideas...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for ideas on wall mounting a couple of computer related items, one a NAS device and the other an external hard disk drive - see photo.

Both items are ok to operate vertically, and I'm trying to come up with the best way to securely support them and not cause either any damage but so they can be accessed easily whenever required.

The NAS weighs about 4kg, approx dimensions 300mm x 220mm x 45mm
The hard drive weighs about 1.5kg, approx dimensions 180mm x 120mm x 40mm

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

nas_hdd.jpg

Sponsored Links
Velcro?, I used old radiator brackets on the side to hold wii etc behind tv.

Hmm, thanks for the suggestions but not keen on the Velcro to be honest - they can get rather warm in use and in my limited experience with sticky Velcro (decent, branded heavy duty stuff) I can see the what goes up coming down at some point as the adhesive softens.

I think I'm heading towards knocking together a couple of wooden frames, open at the cables end, each with a vertical crossmember to prevent the things pitching forward and out. Shouldn't take long and doesn't have to be pretty as it won't be on show (perhaps should have mentioned that! Lol)

Sponsored Links
You can always put some simple hooks in the wall & tie them up :)

A suggestion

That's more like it, thanks Bernard, I'll give that a bit more consideration - my only change to your design would be a wooden batten each side (a smaller one on the sides where the cables are) but I like the rotating disc, bit like an old-fashioned 'turnbuckle', and the fact that its front-loading!

My latest thinking was similar but each with a batten running vertically down from roughly where you have the rotating disc, it would mean access space was required from the open side though to slip them under the batten. Not got the time at the moment to draw it up, hope it makes some sense...

If I had one it would be the first place to look too lol.

Mirror clips? The square U shaped ones. If too narrow, home made version?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back