Mounting TV above (disused) fireplace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking about mounting our TV on our chimney breast and would like to ideally run the cables through the breast and out to one side of the alcoves. I'm just wondering what the best approach to this was and if it would cause any structural issues?

Here's the chimney breast as it stands - red line is where I would want the cable to run through (into the chimney from brushed plate behind the TV):

bKshVOj.jpg

I've read another post where someone suggested installing a 30 or 40mm solvent weld pipe for the cables to run through which seems like a good idea - does anyone have any other suggestions?

The brick pillars either side are quite thick -

e3vx32Y.jpg

ideally would want to run the cables through this wall/pillar here and out of the other side into as unit sitting in the alcove.

Here's the thickness of that pillar from the side -
j3xpO2C.jpg

Want to make sure I'm not going to be causing any structural issues to the chimney by doing this or if there is nothing I'm missing... If I do go down this route I'm thinking a core drill might be the best shout? Then sliding the pipe into the back

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back