Mouse bit thru House Alarm wire (Galaxy 16 )

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a old Galaxy 16 house alarm. The other night the tamper alarm alerted me that the front door zone was being tampered with. I put the code in and it requested an enginerr reset. then it went again, started to set itself and then the control panel itself went completely dead.

I heard a scratching noise in the ceiling and under a later inspection a mouse has bitten through the wire to the front door completely and just the red wire to the control panel.

My question is - whata sort of current is going through these wire becuase I want to rejoin them with just a couple of connectors or even solder them back together?

I suppose if I connect the red wire pack together so the control panel works I can have a bit of control if I set the thing off.

Sponsored Links
The red core of the keypad cable is probably the 12v supply. At a guess without looking at a manual it will be 40ma ish, so no danger present. It will be a better job if you can solder the cable & put some heat shrink sleeving over it.

You could do the same repair on the door contact cable as well, as you will have lost your entry/exit route. If your panel has engineer locked out how are you going to reset it ?.

After you have repaired the alarm, your next job will be catch the mouse as it must have taken shine to your cables. Good luck.

Paul.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the engineer reset screen before so must have the main code.

Job for the weekend then :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back