Mouse Curser doesn't always display on bootup.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the life of me I just can't fathom why my wireless mouse intermittently fails to display upon bootup in Windows 10. The only way to get it back is to unplug the usb or restart. It seems to happen 3 out of 5 times on booting.

Sponsored Links
Try it in another socket.
Try replace the batteries.
Try and reload the drivers.

If that fails, make your background cheese to entice it out. :)

Reloaded driver, batteries fine. Still occasionally doesn't show on bootup.

Sponsored Links
Yes unfortunately.

Personally, I think this is an intermittent issue with Bluetooth connectivity between the mouse and receiver or between the receiver and windows.

Do you have a wired mouse to try in place of it to rule out USB port issues?

Does your power settings within the control panel have any options enabled to suspend power to USB ports?

Also, I assume this wireless mouse connects via bluetooth to windows 10 have you tried updating the Bluetooth drivers?

Have you checked the Bluetooth settings for the device to see if there is an option to ensure the device automatically connects?

Is there any other devices that connect via Bluetooth to the machine and if so how many?

Do you have the make and model of the mouse?

Replace the batteries.
Never mind that you think they are fine, replace them with new ones.

If it still fails then try another USB port.

It's worth remembering that only the more expensive wireless mice use Bluetooth. The cheaper ones tend to use the 27MHz or 2.4GHz bands, the receiver plugging into a USB port. As USB3 ports require additional drivers, I would be inclined to make sure any peripheral receiver is plugged into a USB2 port.

It isn't Bluetooth, its just wireless technology from 2004. Its a 3.9 volt Logetech mouse (no model to identify it) . I Tried updating the driver but it says it is up to date. What I dobn't understand is the intermittent fault that it sometimes doesn't show on boot up, and sometimes does. It should either work or not work.

It isn't Bluetooth, its just wireless technology from 2004. Its a 3.9 volt Logetech mouse (no model to identify it) . I Tried updating the driver but it says it is up to date. What I dobn't understand is the intermittent fault that it sometimes doesn't show on boot up, and sometimes does. It should either work or not work.

Try having it unplugged whilst it boots, then plug it in post boot.

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode?

quite often with such things you can unplug the wireless part from the USB and plug it into a different port, and it will reconnect.

sometimes I think the plug and socket are loose or have been knocked.

I try it in different usb on this pretty new PC and it can happen in any one of them so it isn't a lose connection issue for sure.

Try re pairing it with the receiver.
There are logitech utilities for that.

Have you actually replaced the batteries yet?

Of course, I replace them regular. It doesn't make sense that this happens intermittently. So frustrating. The only thing to get it working is to unplug the usb and plug in again.

Sponsored Links
Back