Mouse problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I use a wireless mouse for my laptop, (ET I think the brand), and usually it is quite good. I used to use a different brand, which was also quite good, but both develop a fault over time.
When I try to scroll down, using the wheel, the page starts to move but as soon as I release the wheel to scroll further, the page jumps back up past the point I started from. I've taken the base off and given it a good clean out but nothing seems to make any difference.
Rather than just buy another one, (again), I'd like to try and sort it so I will know what to do next time.
Anyone got any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Wireless mice rely on Bluetooth, batteries and a driver. Perhaps check battery health, is there any Bluetooth interference between mouse position and laptop and go to "device manager", and see if there is a update for your driver, if not standard windows driver.

In Windows Settings/devices/mouse, do you have a "Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them" option enabled?

If it's older than a year or two it may be worth checking to see if a new driver's available.

Sponsored Links
Wireless mice rely on Bluetooth, batteries and a driver. Perhaps check battery health, is there any Bluetooth interference between mouse position and laptop and go to "device manager", and see if there is a update for your driver, if not standard windows driver.

A few years ago, I had to pay a premium for a Bluetooth mouse. It was more than twice the cost of all of the other wireless mice that I had looked at.

I wanted something that didn't require a dongle to be plugged in to the USB port on my laptop.

AFAIK they both operate in the same 2.4Ghz range but I think most wireless mice and keyboards are not BT.

I could be wrong, but I think that the BT drivers are included in Windows. If it is a non-BT device then updating the drivers may well help.

I use a wireless mouse for my laptop, (ET I think the brand), and usually it is quite good. I used to use a different brand, which was also quite good, but both develop a fault over time.
When I try to scroll down, using the wheel, the page starts to move but as soon as I release the wheel to scroll further, the page jumps back up past the point I started from. I've taken the base off and given it a good clean out but nothing seems to make any difference.
Rather than just buy another one, (again), I'd like to try and sort it so I will know what to do next time.
Anyone got any ideas?

Have a look at the following and see if any of the advice helps.

Borrow a wired mouse and see if it makes a difference. If it does, then buy a wired mouse. For minimum hassle, wired and no batteries is best in everything. For things that go forever, I suggest direct from china. I always went the cheapest, and they always worked or I got my money back.

Borrow a wired mouse and see if it makes a difference. If it does, then buy a wired mouse. For minimum hassle, wired and no batteries is best in everything. For things that go forever, I suggest direct from china. I always went the cheapest, and they always worked or I got my money back.
I find myself in a rare and uncomfortable moment of actually agreeing with you there, not quite about cheapest being best but the mouse bit mind.

Sponsored Links
Back