Mouse with missing dongle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have two computer mice one with a dongle that is falling into pieces and one similar but without a dongle. My plan was to swap some of the electronic components from the mouse with dongle to the mouse without the dongle in order to have a good mouse.
I have attached pictures of the two mice. Anyone has got any advice?

Attachments

• Mouse.jpg
    Mouse.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 271
Sponsored Links
What make/model are they both?

For some you can get replacement dongles and re pair them.
Otherwise as above, your just looking for trouble trying to swap them as the PCB's will very likely not fit.

The thing that they may be useful for is the switches, as the left one usually wears out first it can sometimes be swapped as long as they fit and are the same dimensions etc.

Sponsored Links
I know I can replace dongles or buy a new mouse. Its not about expenditure. I just would like to see if someone has tried this before. In RC models if two people are flying with the same frequency you only need to change the receiver Chrystal in the remote control and plane. I was hoping for a similar solution

Look at the photos you posted, the PCB's are not physically the same shape - the mounting methods used in the plastic moldings will be different.

If they were the same make/model of mouse then that is possible but IMO your on a hiding to nothing trying this with these 2.

I bought a new wireless mouse in B&M recently, I think it was £4, it works fine.

Sponsored Links
Back