Move macerator pipes

hcc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a downstairs shower room which is too far from soil stack and so is connected to a macerator and pump. This has some slightly worrying pipework (externally as no internal route possible due to 18 inch thick stone cottage walls. Pipes go from outlet on back of garage down to ground level (0.6m drop), 1m across, 2.5m up to the top of the garage (this creates a lovely u bend for liquid to sit in and then freeze and burst the pipes...twice...). It then goes across the garage roof, up 0.4m, across the flat roof extension (6m) and finally 2.5m drop into the downstairs cloakroom and into the back of the toilet. I would like to neaten this somewhat (!) and remove the problematic u bend. I am hoping to take it round the front of the extension almost at floor level and in to the downstairs cloakroom from the wall rather than the ceiling. This would involve: exit the macerator, 0.6m horizontal, 0.2m vertical drop, then approx 10m horizontal (I can do this at slight angle to get the required fall) before entering the cloakroom (might need a 0.1m lift at this point). The horizontal run involves 3 x 90 degrees corners to get around.

MIs allow 9.5m vertical and 60m horizontal. Also says discharge pipe length to first elbow must be 0.5m. If I create this drop, I would then need a horizontal and about 0.6m lift as the putlet pipe is at a similar height overall to the eventual entry point of the cloakroom toilet. This would create a u bend situation again which I am trying to avoid.

Any thoughts or suggestions? It is a flo force macerator and has worked well for 18 months despite the worrying pipe routing.

Sponsored Links
What prevents you running the whole thing with just a slight fall from start to finish? Aesthetics? Or is there something like a door in the way?

There will always be water within the first, and ony vertical allowed section so use pipe insulation if it is prone to freezing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back