Macerator waste routing/curves ... pics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Is this OK for my Macerator waste routing?
(Pipe yet to be secured with clips etc).

I've used a single piece of 22mm FloPlast pipe to avoid joins and keep the bend radi large ...

I'm concerned I should go vertical first than horizontal?

The total vertical is about 2.5m to the outiside drain the other side of the wall.

htd0f9.jpg

20jnzgx.jpg

izywwz.jpg

qxo3tg.jpg

Sponsored Links
the route is ok, as a swept bend is better than fittings, can we assume you will chuck a couple of clips on it before the gyproc goes on :LOL:

hmm I would say that pushfit pipe is not acceptable for a macerator because the inserts which should be fitted would be a cause for blockages. surely only copper/ solvent weld pipe would be acceptable? Maybe a quick call to Saniflo would confirm either way.

Also whatever you do, put a full bore valve on the macerator outlet pipe for when you have to remove for maintenance :p

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick replies ..

kirkgas - Yes, will use clips and extra woodwork to to secure it before plasterboard (Aquaboard'ing).

htgeng - I'm using the FloPast pipe becuase of all the 22mm stuff I looked at it was the most flexible, allowing me to use a single piece with zero joins.

The only join will be outside to mains drain, which I'll find a way without using pushfits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back