Moving a bathroom to other side of house?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I am thinking of buying a two bed house with a view to moving the bathroom later on. Reason for this is that the bathroom at the back of the house is huge and would make a great bedroom, and I really need three beds. The bathroom could then go into a sectioned off part of the main bedroom at the front of the house.

I have a vague idea that moving bathrooms is very difficult and expensive because of all the pipework. Any thoughts about the feasibility and costs of this?

Sponsored Links
Haven`t got a Scooby without you posting a line drawing or a picture ;)

Hot & cold supplies are no problem but with the current bathroom located above the kitchen, providing drainage at the front of a mid terrace property could be difficult unless there is another foul drain run out the front you can access, do you have one? You may get away with an internal boxed in run depending on fall & distance but these must be in accordance with Building Regs (as must the new bathroom) & have access for clearing blockages.

Apart from seriously restricting the size of the kitchen/dinner, moving the bathroom downstairs would be a big mistake IMO; it’s a PITA having to go downstairs during the night & it will reduce the resale value of the property.

Sponsored Links
Looks like it`s been done up to sell - could you find a 3 bedder that needs a bit doing :idea:

I have a vague idea that moving bathrooms is very difficult and expensive because of all the pipework. Any thoughts about the feasibility and costs of this?
I would not even think about it if £10k is a problem.

Can you create access to the new bathroom without going through the bedroom?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back