Moving a loo

G

Goldspoon

Hi,

Am doing some work for some friends... I have not moved a loo before (replaced like for like and fitted a new one but not moved one). As can be seen in pics below there is a loo and a bidet. I have to remove the bidet (no problem) and move the loo to where the bidet was.

Of course the soil pipe then comes into play. Note that the bit of pipe painted white coming out of the woodwork is lead. Is it a case of a right angle into the lead, then a long straight, then a right angle into the loo? I presume then the cistern of the new loo might be away from the wall a little - so I have to build some kind of false wall behind the cistern? Also I need a slight downhill slope for the waste... maybe I can buy a loo where the outflow from the pan is a little higher than the others (or are all new ones standard height?) as this would create the extra flow height. If all standard height then I have to raise the height of the loo (a pain?) - which means raising the floor level?

Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill? Any advice gratefully received!

P1010235-1.jpg

P1010234-1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Why can't you just make a new hole to the outside in your new position and alter soil pipe to suit?.
This would be a much better option than what you are suggesting.

It's not an outside wall. It's a friend's house so will pop back and look but I know the soil pipe drops down in an inside wall into the bowels of the house.

I will take away the white boxing and take a look to see what might be possible... but once it disappears into the wall I feel I am entering "dismantling the house" territory.

Sponsored Links
Also... is this a job most plumbers would try to do or would most just tell somebody they have to have the loo where it is?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back