Moving a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just after some general advice, we have a plumber booked to come & do the work but I want a second opinion.

We have a second bedroom which is very small & too small to fit the bed where we want it without rad being in the way. So i want to remove this rad from its current position below window & fit on side wall this backs onto the lounge rad.

Now being a new build (7 months old) i would have though this would be quite easy as its a hollow wall. So i'm guessing the lounge feed & return will have to loop through wall to new rad position in bedroom.

The heating has been zoned with two thermostats the two bedrooms being on one. And the rest of house being on the other. Once this change has been made ony the master bedroom will remain on the first thermostat.

Is this ok to do?
And plumber has said he will just cap off the old rad feed & return pipes is this ok too?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
If the bedroom is only small, would it be possible just to reroute the existing flow/return from old position to new?
Then this would alter very little else already on the system.

Not really as pipes would have to be chased in around a corner & across to the new position. Would be good if i could but trying to keep it easy & cheap. So putting it into the lounge rad loop seems the easiest, cheapest & least disruptive way. Was just wondering if its ok to do this?

Sponsored Links
Nope, its a coach house (flat over garage) so its a solid concrete floor. Could pull pipe back up into loft & drop down inside stud wall.

no you cant tee off that then if it was 15mm you might have got away with it but not with 10mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back