Moving a stopcock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to have a stopcock moved as it is located right behind the washing machine. My plan was to get a plumber to relocate the water pipe below the floor boards (access void under floor), and then present the stopcock under the sink cupboard somewhere.

The reason is to allow more space behind the washing machine so it can be pushed further in to the wall as it stick out from the worktop.

My question is this: Would the adding of bends/joints etc to relocate the pipework cause a noticeable loss of flow/pressure to our new shower which is fed from a the combi boiler? If so, I'll keep with the sticky-out Washing machine.

Thanks for any feedback.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
1. you want to have your stop-cock instantly accessible, not below the floor if "under the sink cupboard somewhere" means that?.
2. you want your stop-cock accessible at the point of entry - not down the line. Does your external stop work? Have you recently tried it?
3. what material is the incoming supply in?
4. There are a variety of methods for allowing W/M's to go back under the work top - search on here, or provide a photo of the back of the W/M recess and the pipes and waste?

1. you want to have your stop-cock instantly accessible, not below the floor if "under the sink cupboard somewhere" means that?.
2. you want your stop-cock accessible at the point of entry - not down the line. Does your external stop work? Have you recently tried it?
3. what material is the incoming supply in?
4. There are a variety of methods for allowing W/M's to go back under the work top - search on here, or provide a photo of the back of the W/M recess and the pipes and waste?

Sponsored Links
Thanks
There is a ballvalve further down the line which is easily accessible, so the ability to isolate the supply quickly is not my main issue. The main reason for wanting to move the pipes is give better clearance for the WM, but the missus would go ape if the shower pressure dropped as a result.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back