Moving cooker socket

They would be ideal if they contained a lot more solder.

Used to use this https://www.exothermic-welding.com/ system for brazing/welding copper cable to re-bar, and they claim the usa wiring code state it is the only acceptable method. Anyone with some spare time - ie everyone - should invent a mini version for small cable jointing. This time next year yule be a millionaire - see what I did there.:D

Here's a version joining a very big "cable":

Sponsored Links
Found this modern method on that site

I have experience of only 4 of these connectors, thats 2 each on 2 cars. The only reason I got involved was due to failure under load, one was on the heated rear window/mirrors and the other on 6 cylinder deisel glowplugs.

I have experience of only 4 of these connectors, thats 2 each on 2 cars. The only reason I got involved was due to failure under load, one was on the heated rear window/mirrors and the other on 6 cylinder deisel glowplugs.

I need to clarify my last comment, I've been aware of and seen this system in use for a while but not handled any other than the 2 high current failures.

At least they don't appear to have the same failure rate as those horrible *hitty Scotchloks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back