Moving External Boiler Condensate Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just a quick question re: our boiler pipe which comes from the bottom and goes outside to our drain (covered in foam)

We are creating a utility and bricking up the door. So was thinking of having this pipe run inside (behind new kitchen units) then pop out where that small white pipe already is and then into the drain.

Is it as straight forward as just changing the direction of pipe? or would I have to have something else done within the unit? Thanks.

boiler.png

Sponsored Links
Better run inside anyway. You can do what you want to do, but make sure there is a continuous fall to the outlet.
Should terminate under the grille but above the water level in the gully.
No need to insulate inside the thermal envelope of the building. Should go up a size from overflow (21.5mm) to 32mm through the wall and into the gully.

Thanks for the reply oldbuffer, just what I wanted to hear.

Should make it look a lot neater :)

Hi,

Just revisiting this on my jobs list. Here's a picture from the bottom of the boiler, you can see where the pipe goes through the outer wall.

Would the quick fit plastic plumbing pipes be adequate to use to rerun the pipe inside the house then back outside?

Something like the John Guest plastic pipes?

tttttt.jpg

>

tttttt.jpg

tttttt.jpg

Big Thanks!

Sponsored Links
There's no picture
It needs running in solvent-weld overflow pipe. It's technically part of the boiler flue system and shouldn't be altered by anyone who isn't Gas Safe Registered

Andrew, thanks for the reply. Can you see the pic now? (shows on my screen within my post, even after sigining out) Tks

Rather than run to the outside gully, it is rather better if it is possible to plumb it into an existing waste pipe within the building. Ideally with that connection being at the top of the waste pipe.

If that was done then it is best if the final connection is made with a compression fitting so that if it ever became blocked then it can be taken apart for cleaning.

Tony

Thanks Tony, that's possible and aesthetically much better.

In the adjoining room we have a bathroom which is about to be renovated so it could all be done then.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back