Moving internal soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to move an internal soil stack from bathroom/kitchen (similar to a thread a previous thread posted two years ago)
I have a few questions I would welcome advice with:

1) Could I just take the pipes from the bathroom (upper floor) outside and then go back inside on the ground floor (below the kitchen sink just above where the internal stack goes into the floor)? See attached image.
2) If I initially wanted to move the dry section (so I could install a high level wc cistern), if this section is purely to vent gas, does it have to be a standard soil stack pipe, or could the pipe diameter be smaller (= smaller hole into the external wall)?
3) If pipes must slope to prevent moisture crossing the cavity, what angle should the slope be?
All help & advice will be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
is it fully within your house or do you live with people above you!!

ok scrub my comments the picture didnt appear but has now :D

1) If you are going to do it......do it right. Alter the drain outside.
2) Needs min 3"
3) Towards the outside therefor your suggestions 1,2 and 3 cannot be achieved.

With Tamz; it's a bad idea & you need to alter the drain invert (the bit underground) to accept a new rest bend. What your proposing does not comply with Building Regulations & will be with be prime source of blockage.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice.
Any idea of the cost of altering the drain invert so I can move the whole lot outside and comply with building regs?

You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum
Bring gloom down to the minimum
Have faith or pandemonium
Liable to walk upon the scene

(Johnny Mercer / Harold Arlen)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back