moving sink waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to slightly move my existing sink waste to marry it up to my new sink.I'm going to need to use some plastic piping and some plastic joints.Do i need to use a sealant on the joints even though they have a rubber washer inside the rim or do they just push fit.If I need to use a sealant what is the best type? I think i may also need to seal around the plug,can anyone recommend what to use.All replies much appreciated as girlfriend is now threatening to kick me out if I don't get the sink sorted out sharpish. :cry:

Sponsored Links
If they are push fit fittings you won't need anything else.

If all you have is a plain white socket to push the pipe into you will need some solvent cement (glue). In either case you won't need sealant.

Around the plug fitting you could use plumbers mait. There should be a rubber seal also, on the wet side.

(Whispers - you could use sealant on the plug fitting in lieu of anything else!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back