Moving soil stack 13cm away from house?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm getting external wall insulation done in a couple of months, but need to temporarily attach my new soil pipes/stack, but leaving a 13cm gap for the insulation.

My plan was to dig up the underground horizontal, pipe see if it's in ok condition, then cut a bit off or replace it with a slightly shorter length, but now I don't think that's possible...

There appears to be a huge concrete slab of some kind over the top of the pipe (big red thing in the photo). It must be 15cm thick. And I've just realised the plastic pip goes into some sort of clay pipe? (Check photos), so this must be very old? Should I just assume this is ok as it's been like this forever? Or should I get a drain inspection with cameras etc.

The adaptor to go from 110 to the old underground pipe looks a bit worn. What would this be called? So I can buy a new one

So now I'm wondering should I just put two 45 degree bends at ground level, which will bring the soil stack out to where I need it? This means more joints unfortunately.

Any advice would be great, I really need a usable toilet here :)
20200818_111810.jpg
20200818_121050.jpg

20200818_121102.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back