Moving to france

French generation is 85% nuclear, 10% hydro and only 5% fossil. High capital cost, low running cost, which is reflected in their tariff structures.

Most households should get by on 9 kW, which costs €161 a year fixed (for the equivalent of Economy 7 but it has 8 night hours) plus day units 7.65c€ night 4.5 c€.

Go to 30kW and the fixed charge will cost €883 a year.

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
I think our "pay as you go" system (i.e. metered) is a much better idea.

Sorry, AW, it's a demand charge plus a kWh charge.

Here in the UK we pay a standing charge plus kWh charge(s), so maybe you'd prefer Russia. There they read ther own meter once a month, go to the post office and pay for their use. Just X roubles per kWh. Meter inspector calls once every couple of years or so to make sure you are not cheating.

Better still, how about India? Go to the local market and buy a hook. Hook onto the overhead wires that form a rats nest around their streets. Only problem is to find a live and neutral without managing to get across two phases!

Stod

Are you able to help in any way regarding my post to rooski

Thanks Tony

Tony6 said:
Stod

Are you able to help in any way regarding my post to rooski

Thanks Tony

Sorry, no.

I know lots about tariffs in various countries, but nothing of French wiring regs.

Sponsored Links
Someone suggested that you shoud re-wire to English standards using English sockets etc. I would advise against it as you would find that in the case of any electrical fire your household insurance (which is mandatory for any owner) would be invalid. In France you must not use English sockets or even English cable when re-wiring. It is against the regulations.

Back