Mr Speaker, you have brought this House into disrepute.

Last year when Mr Martin was in hot water over his and his wife's expenses, he fought tooth and nail to retain his publicly-funded index-linked 'life' pension.

It automatically entitles him to half his ministerial salary, regardless of how long he has served. Do you think he knew what was coming?

Sponsored Links
What has he done?

From what I can see he is just being used as a scapegoat for the MP's corruption?

He presides over the pigs, wasted £200k of public money in fighting an FoI request for expenses information and thus deserves to go; along with the entire lot of them.

Rest assured he will be parachuted out with a large pension pot and no doubt a seat in the Lords. Just as all those MPs who won't be back after the next election will get a parachute payment of between 50% and 100% of salary to tide them over for a while, together with their bomb-proof pension.

And not one of them will get done for fraud, so don't go feeling sorry for either Gorbals Mick, or MPs in general.

Sack them all and what will we get?
Another 650 who will fudge. fumble and fiddle our money and hope THEY don't get caught.
I remember when the only scandal about MP's seemed to be if they were tampering with little boys or going to houses of 'ill repute'. ;)

Sponsored Links
I remember when the only scandal about MP's seemed to be if they were tampering with little boys or going to houses of 'ill repute'. ;)
Well its no wonder they fiddle the expenses it's expensive going to those sorts of places.......erm so i'm told :oops:

Shouldn't let them have musical instruments.
Then they couldn't Fiddle their expenses, fiddle with minors, blow their own trumpets, beat their own drum.....

A lot of trays are yellow/orange/mustardy colour and walking home from the pub half sloshed under sodium street lights believe me its hard to tell!
(mind you being half sloshed you don't care sometimes! :LOL: )

Sponsored Links
Back