Speaker Martin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it just me, or have others noted the surprising absence of stories on tonight's television news about the debate on the Speaker of the House of Commons' latest drop-off.

Does this demonstrate how the government is able to treat the media as if it was emulating the Chinese government?

Sponsored Links
the surprising absence of stories on tonight's television news about the debate on the Speaker of the House of Commons' latest drop-off.

It was mentioned on BBC1 10 o'clock news.
the Speaker himself did not come in for criticism during the debate, despite 32 MPs telling the BBC at the weekend they had lost confidence in him.

Look, strictly come and the happenings in East whingers are far more important than the activities of some wig wearing fat bloke who keeps shouting order in a glaswegian accent, so its only right that the amount of t.v coverage reflects the public interest. You'll be wanting us to vote next or think that what occurs in parliament matters.:rolleyes:

ive always found britsih media to be quite fair and unbiased. ive lived in Austalia and the US and it more more sensational there.

Sponsored Links
ive always found britsih media to be quite fair and unbiased. ive lived in Austalia and the US and it more more sensational there.
They are just a bit more cleverer and subtle over here as to how they word their stories into influencing what you make from them.

i dont know tim why would they bother, i dont think the british public is any less suseptiable to being duped than the australian. Why dont they just go the whole hog and give us the ridiculous layered drival of dead soldier, crying family and 'go war' speach from brown.

the stuff in the US is ludacris any time there is a civilian causulty they say the terrorists were using them as a human shield

I'm talking from the point of view of an "insider" and over the 25 years i've now been in the television industry having seen the way "The truth" is manipulted to gain political advantage or editorial leverage has frankly made me sick of the industry, the falseness of the people both in front of the camera and behind the scenes has left me very cynical about how joe public is spoon fed supposedly unbiased news.

Good points TW, BBC gets them young with blue peter and some find it hard to believe they`re not quite as pure as the driven snow when they get older.
On the speaker Martin it looks like Mandelsons mendicious ways have back fired on him slightly. This article is more nearer the truth if there is such a thing to be found in political circles.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1092748/PETER-MCKAY-Micks-fall-guy-farce.html

Is it just me, or have others noted the surprising absence of stories on tonight's television news about the debate on the Speaker of the House of Commons' latest drop-off.

Does this demonstrate how the government is able to treat the media as if it was emulating the Chinese government?

are you seriously suggesting that the current governing party is some way suppressing media coverage?

are you for real!

Sponsored Links
Back