Supremacy of Parliament. "the arm twisting and arguments failed"

shot straight between the eyes.

Roger is evidently some kind of terrorist sympathiser, or perhaps a would-be murderer. Or maybe just a Walter Mitty.

I wonder if he should be reported to the police?

Sponsored Links
Well your doing it now and its having no effect what so ever..
I'd never ever trust a europhile in any case.
Deceit and lies is your main stay.

Fundamentalist in your views. Very dangerous but its why you are easily tricked.

I don't know why any one is surprised at the fact that one set of Tories stabbed another set of Tories in the back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
you have edited what he actually posted.

I have quoted the relevant words.

I have not quoted the text that is irrelevant.

I have not edited or changed the sense that he advocates murdering people he disagrees with.

I have not edited or changed the sense that he advocates murdering people he disagrees with.
He didn't advocate murdering people he disagrees with did he, he was referring to Ted Heath specifically and Heath has been dead for years, so the chances of Roger shooting Ted Heath are very slim.

Ted heath should have been shot straight between the eyes.

He didn't advocate murdering people he disagrees with did he, he was referring to Ted Heath specifically and Heath has been dead for years, so the chances of Roger shooting Ted Heath are very slim.
He absolutely did advocate murdering people ( while they were still alive :rolleyes: ).
"should have been" refers to an action that should have taken place in the past.
Could have, would have, and should have are sometimes called “modals of lost opportunities.” They work like a grammatical time machine. The simple past just tells what happened. Past modals tell what could have, would have, and should have happened.
https://learningenglish.voanews.com...ould-have-should-have-would-have/3391128.html

NB, if John had quoted roger verbatim, as I have done, your argument would have been defeated before it started.

tut tut JD ;) up to your old tricks again Hmmmm ;)

u could get a job with the daily wail

:LOL:

Roger is evidently some kind of terrorist sympathiser, or perhaps a would-be murderer. Or maybe just a Walter Mitty.

I wonder if he should be reported to the police?

I think you should report him.

tut tut JD ;) up to your old tricks again Hmmmm ;)

u could get a job with the daily wail

:LOL:

Whilst your there u could see if there is a vacancy for Way R Bee , the pair of u could head up the fake news / propaganda/ economical with the truth desk :LOL:

If u need a gofer I dare say Noseall may be up to the task :LOL:

(edit I may have been a bit hasty ? he probably is not up to the task )

He absolutely did advocate murdering people ( while they were still alive :rolleyes: ).
"should have been" refers to an action that should have taken place in the past

Gosh what a terrible crime Roger928 has committed, remarking that he thinks somebody should have been shot 12 years after that person died of old age.

It must be worse than subjecting a pregnant MPs wife with vile online abuse saying 'they hope her baby dies'.

Meanwhile back in the real world: The first is only worth remarking on if you are the pedant police, the second was Corbynista Momentum trolls, spewing their bile.

Gosh what a terrible crime Roger928 has committed, remarking that he thinks somebody should have been shot 12 years after that person died of old age.
It must be worse than subjecting a pregnant MPs wife with vile online abuse saying 'they hope her baby dies'.
Meanwhile back in the real world: The first is only worth remarking on if you are the pedant police, the second was Corbynista Momentum trolls, spewing their bile.
While no-one in their right mind would support any threats, or acts of violence against anyone. (Do not forget Joe Cox) There are such threats being made from all sides.
This week has also seen Tory Brexit rebels subjected to vile online abuse, with Anna Soubry revealing she had received messages suggesting she should be "hung in public" for voting against the government on the Brexit bill.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/8...abuse-threats-trolls-Momentum-violence-Labour

But notice, while I said no-one would support such threats and certainly any actions, you appear to be supporting roger in his violent wishes against politicians. His comments are even more deeply disgusting following the death of Joe Cox. He needs to be discouraged from making such vitriolic and hate-filled comments. But if you wish to support his emotions and comments, sadly it is your right to do so.

It does prove one point:
"Social Media turning leavers Politics into extremism ts"

:rolleyes: here way R bee I read your post in the joke forum . bit harsh in it :LOL:

all posts in these forums have an icon which say " show ignored content " click on it for example in the joke forum & your post in the joke forum comes up

dont u know nuffink :)

I could do the same in here . But why would I ?

Oh& do not forget the suit cases :LOL:

have u seen my Somalia post ??? u gonna say summit or not :cry: After all somalia are Islamic ;);) assume u know ??

Speak up :)

That is not the case, which you quitters just will not accept.
It is a representative democracy.

'The first duty of a member of Parliament is to do what he thinks in his faithful and disinterested judgement is right and necessary for the honour and safety of Great Britain. His second duty is to his constituents, of whom he is the representative but not the delegate. Burke's famous declaration on this subject is well known.

In attacking Brexit, Remainers frequently wheel out Edmund Burke to support their view of a representative democracy based on Parliament.
Burke was an inverterate snob, who believed firmly in the class system, where everyone knew their place. He would have balked at the great unwashed getting the vote.
He is completely irrelevant in this day and age, with the universal vote, a far better read- and educated public, radio, tv, internet and social media etc. Ideas travel at breakneck speed when compared with the 18th century.
It's about time that MPs and Remainers woke up to the fact that we are now in a completely different world, in which Burke is just an anachronism.

a far better read- and educated public

Woah Tony, gotta disagree there. Better read yes, better educated definitely not. I despair when I see the way that most people carry on, and the lack of understanding that most people have shown in this debate, and it horrifies me. I think the truth of the referendum was that a small core of people knew exactly what they were voting for, another group voted brexit because they didn't like being controlled by the EU, and a lot voted because they didn't like being treated like idiots by the scaremongering of the remain camp. The remainers on the other hand, are mainly little EU'ers, and are afraid of change, but I'll guarantee that most people voted on their feelings rather than their true understanding of the issues and consequences.

Apart from that, I'll support your post.

Sponsored Links
Back