Supremacy of Parliament. "the arm twisting and arguments failed"

Did the EU set these out before the referendum?

How could they have set these out before the referendum? It's the UK that made the decision to leave but did not define what that meant in practical terms. So the EU defined what it thought it would mean after the result.

Not sure where you are going with this line of argument.

Sponsored Links
the EU did have some models of the options that are available for foreign countries outside the EU. We knew that long before the referendum. However the quitters knew how unattractive they all are, and pretended we could have some kind of fantasy option with all the benefits and none of the costs.

Here are the options. Which of them did Farage and Buffoon tell you we'd get?

I see JohnD is posting one of his favorite images.

if it ever stops being true, I will stop posting it.

Switzerland is of course free to renegotiate a treaty with the EU. The EU will decide what terms Switzerland can have. Free movement of people (within the terms I showed you before) is one of the essential features of full access to the Single Market. I don't know how badly Switzerland wants it. Perhaps like rabid Quitters they think they can do without it.

Which of the four available options do you want?

Sponsored Links
She did not think that was the case before the referendum.

How can her beliefs have changed because of a vote?
Do you change your beliefs because a lot of people disagree with you?

It would appear that she, and a lot of others, would rather do what they consider undesirable, and hence keep their jobs, than stick to their principles.

Politicians are servants of the people. Their own principles don't come into it.

Who knows what the future holds?

Remember, in the UK, the Supremacy of Parliament.

The current government fought tooth and nail to prevent Parliament having the final say; and were defeated.

Some people, like Roger, are very anxious to prevent anyone having the chance to evaluate what Brexit ends up meaning, and decide if it is better or worse than continued membership. Rather like having a two-year engagement with a compulsory wedding at the end, even if you find out in the meantime that your betrothed is a liar, an idiot, and a crook.

When the uk joined the eec the supremacy of parliament never intervened and yet it was a leap in the dark.
And of course has now proved to be a disaster for this country.
All your old left wing buddies were all arguing against membership.

if it ever stops being true, I will stop posting it.

Switzerland is of course free to renegotiate a treaty with the EU. The EU will decide what terms Switzerland can have. Free movement of people (within the terms I showed you before) is one of the essential features of full access to the Single Market. I don't know how badly Switzerland wants it. Perhaps like rabid Quitters they think they can do without it.

Which of the four available options do you want?

Why do you think Switzerland has never joined the EU?
considering it is surrounded by EU countries.........

And of course has now proved to be a blessing for this country.
Some your old right wing buddies were all arguing in favour of membership.

And of course has now proved to be a blessing for this country

You call the split we have now in the country a "blessing"?
I was too young to vote at any previous referendums. No doubt you voted "join".

you didn't mention the split.

neither did I.

I'm mentioning it now.
You that it is a "blessing".
Your living in cloud cuckoo land. Remoaners may have won the battle for now but you won't win the war.

Another question notch cannot answer.

The truth would be too awful for him.

Did you vote in the 1975 referendum?
This is obviously your beloved buddies from yesteryear...
_89857277_f139bb43-b01a-46c2-a974-7d4824de04c0.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back