MUCKING ABOUT WI HEATING AGAIN(WILL I EVER LEARN?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Looking for a wee bit advice again please.

Tried to put Fernox F5 cleaner into system via filling loop. When I try to unscrew loop from water end(so I can attach to adapter on F5) it starts spraying out quite a bit of water?

The valve is definitely closed because when I re-tighten loop at water end and disconnect at boiler side no water comes out of it? I then try to loosen again at water end and it starts spraying out again when i'm slackening off?

Hope this makes sense.

So, I decided to put in via rad valve and that was another drama. Looks easy on pics on back of tin. Think more sprayed out than went in.

Only asking as I intend to put express inhibitor in and I'd rather do it via loop than rad.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Cheers. ;)

Sponsored Links
I suggest you drain your system before attempting to put any in.
Then refill and run.

Thanks for replies,

Not sure what you mean about valve? It does work i.e. opens(so I can refill system) and closes i.e.(no water comes out of other end of braided hose). It's only when I try to take braided hose of valve end it starts spraying everywhere?

I was thinking it might be better to add this stuff when drained and before re-filling via rad, but stupidly I followed instructions on back of the can.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the valve is on the system end of the loop, the DCV is on the cold water side - that would explain it!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back