Muffins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Saw a sign on the back of a muffin van that nearly made me crash!

The slogan went:

"Soft and moist like F a n n y s."

Apparently, the woman who started the company and baked the first batch was named....you guessed it!

Sponsored Links
Can't think of anything to top that...

However, does remind me of a time back when I was about 11, and we were in my friend's dad's car. I thought we were following an ambulance...

Me: "Look, you can can see the doctors in there through the window - they even have their aprons on..."

Mate's dad: "No Simon, look at the signwriting - "Topps Butchers"..."

13 years later it's still one of my biggest "doh" moments...!

Written on the back of a fencing company tipper truck,

" Ladies, we do erection service that your husband won't do "

Our local butchers had a sign outside that he was compelled to remove after several complaints. It read.

Watership Down.
You've Read the book
You've seen the film
Now eat the cast.

Sponsored Links
seafood2.jpg

On a supermarket receipt we were issued in Crete:

"Shop at Supermarket: It could be worse!"

Much amusement. We realised this was a mistranslation of "it couldn't be better!"

Any problems lads, go there :LOL:

Looks like my picture got taken off, oh well..........

I've seen a few misspellings too.

Chicken Beasts were being sold by the butcher, and the greengrocer had a box of cheery tomatoes - I'm glad I didn't buy the depressed ones....

Apocryphal maybe but does anybody remember F anny Craddock, the TV cook who used to present in formal evening wear, assisted by her hen-pecked husband Johnny?

Allegedly, at the end of one show, Johnny turned to camera and said, "And I hope all your doughnuts look like F anny's"

(And how odd that f anny gets an automatic edit on this page - in the USA it is a perfectly innocent term, frequently used by parents to get their children to sit down!!)

dingbat said:
(And how odd that f anny gets an automatic edit on this page - in the USA it is a perfectly innocent term, frequently used by parents to get their children to sit down!!)

Bumbag = f annypack... kinda like a Dairylea lunchables only more fun.

Back at uni a Boston exchange student announced rather loudly, after sitting on a chair that had beer spilt on it, "My f anny is all wet!" :oops: ... She couldn't understand why we all found that so funny... None of us had the heart to explain to her what it meant... :LOL:

One of my friends is a Californian girl. Just after she arived in this country, her British boyfriend took her to see a West End production by train. Apparently she had never been on a train with such rough tracks in her life. The unfortunate phrase that she used to her boyfriend, at the top of her voice, while standing in the queue.

"After all those humps on the train journey here, my f anny really aches".

Her boyfriend aparently turned his back and pretended not to know her. She then proceded to make it worse by such phrases as.

"What's wrong? All I'm saying is that we don't have humps like that on trains in LA" and "I'm sure my f anny has been totally bruised"

Ah yes, F anny and Johnny, I remember them well. The architypal Dominatryx and naughty school boy routine. I always thought that it was an act. (Duble Entendres and smacked wrists in every episode). According to a documentary in more recent times, it was all for real!

dingbat said:
Allegedly, at the end of one show, Johnny turned to camera and said, "And I hope all your doughnuts look like F anny's"

I am sure that most people here will remember Rainbow either as a child or a parent (it ran for a good 15-20 years!)... There is a legend about the "plucking" episode, which was allegedly aired. Apparently they really just made it for some ITV internal competition back in the 1980s, however it is still a good laugh!

For a small version:
It really is tiny!

Larger versions:
Windows Media version (I found you need to open this in the actual Windows Media Player as it has to load a new codec)

A Quicktime version for Studders and his crazy mac-using kin ;)

AdamW said:
dingbat said:

I am sure that most people here will remember Rainbow either as a child or a parent (it ran for a good 15-20 years!)... There is a legend about the "plucking" episode, which was allegedly aired. Apparently they really just made it for some ITV internal competition back in the 1980s, however it is still a good laugh!

A Quicktime version for Studders and his crazy mac-using kin ;)

Damn considerate of you ol' chap but, come closer as I need to whisper...
'a lot of us maconians use win(spit)media player these days - the apple offering is pants now and refuses to play damn near anything' Grrrrrrrrrrr"

Now I know I can rely on you to keep that stum, can't I? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back