Multi Car Insurance Cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would be grateful foe a pointer towards an attractive Company for the above. I run a newish Scirocco along with a little used MX5.
My premium increased last year by £16, much to my astonishment I'm quoted an extra £109 this year (no changes to anything during the year).

Sponsored Links
Go onto a cost comparison site and then call them with the lowest quote. They will more than likely match it.

Renewals are always bumped up in the hope you wont notice!

I switched my Multi-car to LV this year after another horrendous attempt at a double digit hike from Aviva for no reason. Always worth checking individual quotes as well as it doesn't need to be a multi car policy...

Our multicar was incredibly cheap the first year - it increased massively at renewal, when we were offered their expensive finance to pay for the double whammy - 2 policies in one go. A clever trick.

Sponsored Links
Well I have'till 26 June to sort things out, have sent an email to Admiral expressing my thoughts on the hike and given them a few days to come back with a decent figure or I will instigate a new search for next years cover.
I await their reply with baited breath!

Never had a multi car policy - I can’t see anything an insurance company will do will be for the customers benefit - but come renewal time if you have two or three cars it could be a very expensive month, especially if you have to tax them at the same time.

Well I have'till 26 June to sort things out, have sent an email to Admiral expressing my thoughts on the hike and given them a few days to come back with a decent figure or I will instigate a new search for next years cover.

Get on the phone and haggle.

The terms and conditions tucked away in the small print in any insurance policy can affect the cover and claims. Probably even more so in a multi-car policy so I would suggest a very good read of the small print before taking out the policy.

As regards increased premiums. Mine with the Prudential went up by 15%, I phoned and asked why the increase was so high and how to reduce it. Bit of conversation and the increase was removed so I am now paying the same as last year. In return I agreed to slightly reduce the anticipated annual mileage "allowance". .

Something out quite recently from Martin Lewis said that 21 days before you need the cover to start is the time to get the best priced quotes. Leave it too late and everyone thinks you are getting desperate and the prices of all quotes will be higher. So best getting it done this week if I was you. As per the other post, don't worry about writing emails, phone them and ask them what their best price is and go from there.

Multi car cover is just an advertising gimmick, always found single car policy to be cheapest option.
I also go thru cashback sites, last policy was £220 for fully comp with £80 cashback so cost was £140.

Strangely, we got a fantastic quote for multicar from Admiral....
We went to Money Supermarket.

Sponsored Links
Back