Multi skilled builder?

T

teaboyjim

Dear Staff

I'm half way through a refurbishment project which is empty and I need to hire a multi skilled builder. Low priced hotel accommodation can be provided so the job can be advertised nationally. The hotel accommodation is modern but cheap because they are offering fat discounts due to being mostly empty. This work is approved and legally complaint with all of the various tiers.
Do you think advertising on your forum for a builder would be a good idea and would I be likely to find someone do you think? You've got over 200k members and almost 5 million posts.
Have any members got any thoughts, opinions or feedback on this question as all would be very welcome! Thanks

Best Regards
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Get in touch with your local council. They have a list of contractors they use and I'm sure would love the work as things have been lately. I can't imagine they would recommend a rogue who is not on their books. Hotel costs saved.

You're welcome.

Sponsored Links
Get in touch with your local council. They have a list of contractors they use and I'm sure would love the work as things have been lately. I can't imagine they would recommend a rogue who is not on their books. Hotel costs saved. You're welcome.
Thanks for the suggestion I'll look into (y)

Oh, even my Lego walls fall down. I will be your labourer for 200 Zloty (£40) a day as long as I get enough smoke breaks and Vodka in my hotel bar.

Zapraszamy (y)(y).

I'm sure the council is worth a go though rather than gamble on a rated checkabuilder site.
I've heard that the "rate a builder" - "tradesman sites" are all not to be relied on

I'm not qualified to 'install windows'

I am a ninja with expanding foam though and well, as glitter and PVA !!

I have a copy of linux on my keychain though.

I'm not qualified to 'install windows' I am a ninja with expanding foam though and well, as glitter and PVA !! I have a copy of linux on my keychain though.
There's only 3 windows but 6 - 8 weeks of work

I'm not qualified to 'install windows'

I am a ninja with expanding foam though and well, as glitter and PVA !!

I have a copy of linux on my keychain though.
Is your motto something along the lines of, "Turds polished - if we can't polish it, we'll roll it in glitter!"?

Strangely I've heard almost universally that the "rate a builder" - "tradesman sites" are all not to be relied up on at all. This has come from experienced folk such as yourself. I find that interesting.
My problem is simple. Good builders are 1. Out of my budget because they are in such demand or 2. They are big companies with VAT overheads etc 3. They are booked up months ahead.
I'm offering 1k per week paid in cash every week which is not a bad price but it's not the highest I know. I'm not far from Northampton and I've got a special builders "digal radio" MAKITA! - There's a coop a few doors down with amazing tasty sarnies and they do all day breakfast sandwiches as well as pies, I provide free high quality coffee and tea using filtered water! You'd love it! Great banter as well! You get to be the boss of the radio and choose which radio station you listen to as well Radio 2 all the way if you want!
All the work is indoors as well and the place will be lovely and warn once you install the windows!
I'm in!

Sponsored Links
Back