Multimeter faulty??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fluke 25 multimeter, which i use daily i have lent it out and its been returned all the fuses seem fine the battery is fine but its not reading AC correctly its well of the money coming up with 16-30volts when a cheapo i brought to check is saying 230-240VAC? anyone got any ideas of whats wrong with it?

Regards

Sponsored Links
Used the chepo probes, as well but no visiable damage haven't changed battery, infact had a while an never changed battery is it a standard 9v?

Ok turns out i have spare battery in its case anyway, i have swapped these over and a brandnew set of leads from maplin and still only reading 28/30VAC when on 230/40 VAC

Sponsored Links
When you're older, Stingray, you'll learn that tools are like books.

Never lend them out. Just give them away, it saves embarassment when they are not returned or are returned f* — erm - unserviceable.

:LOL:

I can buy another one that don't bother me but all the readings are correct except VAC it doesn't make any sence. I wouldn't mind as well if it been knocking around in the van, but oh no, i was using this at the exact moment i had just done a VAC test and it was perfect 2 hour later comes back and its not working?, i just can't get what he could of done to it, in 2 hours max and the max voltage was 240VAC with a 3amp fuse as it was a boiler note to self next time lend the backup.......

An Avo Mk8 I had did the same. It had been used to measure the voltage on a Spy metal detector which used high voltages to test the wrap on a pipe line and the back EMF had blown the germanium diodes.

i just can't get what he could of done to it, in 2 hours max and the max voltage was 240VAC with a 3amp fuse as it was a boiler note to self next time lend the backup.......

Did she use it to test for voltage at the ignition sparker?

Hi,

No idea of cost, but phone them for a chat, even if they cannot repair it they will offer you an upgrade deal.

Nick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back