Multinational forced to pay some tax

These dividends and investments, they're guaranteed right?

No, they can fall, or they can rise.

The idea of an investment is that you believe it will do very well, and considerably better than putting your money in a bank.

I'm surprised you didn't know that.

More likely you're just pretending.

Like you're pretending that investors should not pay tax.

Sponsored Links
did you work out that it would also make new homes more expensive as developers would be paying LVT from plan to sale. Doh!

Good heavens, now you're pretending you don't know how the price of houses is determined.

So if a person earns £50,000 as a plumber or a pole-dancer, you think they should pay tax on it.

But if they have dividend income of £50,000, you think they shouldn't

And if they invest a million pounds and make £50,000 capital gains, you think they shouldn't.

Tell us all whether you paid tax on your capital gains and dividends that you get from your ISA's and tell us whether you make use of your dividend allowance.

Sponsored Links
Tell us all whether you paid tax on your capital gains and dividends that you get from your ISA's and tell us whether you make use of your dividend allowance.
He'll tell you to MYOB - its other people's tax affairs that JohnD likes to discuss

Good heavens, now you're pretending you don't know how the price of houses is determined.
I do appreciate that business models are alien to you, but businesses tend to have specific margin targets. So you either increase the price or you reduce the cost, neither are good for the end consumer.

No, they can fall, or they can rise.

The idea of an investment is that you believe it will do very well, and considerably better than putting your money in a bank.

I'm surprised you didn't know that.

More likely you're just pretending.

Like you're pretending that investors should not pay tax.
ahh so its not like earnings then - maybe it should be taxed differently. - oh wait, it is.

So if a person earns £50,000 as a plumber or a pole-dancer, you think they should pay tax on it.

But if they have dividend income of £50,000, you think they shouldn't

And if they invest a million pounds and make £50,000 capital gains, you think they shouldn't.
I'm referring specifically to inheritance tax, another heinous tax drummed up to shaft even more £££ out of us.

I've frittered my income away over the past 40 years, I have zero savings or investments and rent my property. I'm about to peg it.
Tax office: DAMN!!!

I've been careful with my income over the past 40 years. I have savings, investments and own my property. I'm about to peg it and will leave my estate to ...
Tax office: Happy days!!! We'll take a large chunk of that, thank you for your prudence over the years :)

I do appreciate that business models are alien to you, but businesses tend to have specific margin targets. So you either increase the price or you reduce the cost, neither are good for the end consumer.
Oh, you are silly.

Example 1

Let's suppose in Penistone there are 500 potential first time buyers. At maximum mortgage, the most they can afford varies from 600k to 800k

There are five homes available that are suitable.

Five of the potential buyers have a rich daddy who is also willing to chip in £200,000 to help.

What is the price of a first-time buyer home in Penistone?

Example 2

A political party that is largely funded by donations and other support from the housebuilding trade is persuaded to give a £100,000 grant to every fist time buyer.

A) What happens to the price of first-time buyer homes?

B) What happens to average profit on first-time buyer homes?

He'll tell you to MYOB - its other people's tax affairs that JohnD likes to discuss
Of course. I doubt it very much that superinvestor JohnD refuses to use all legal means to pay as little tax as possible, as do many people who are much wealthier than him. Obviously, they make greater savings as they are dealing with higher figures. It’s those higher figures than JohnnyD doesn’t like. He never has said the point of wealth at which he gets uncomfortable with people being at. I assume it is a fluid amount in his mind and that he is always in a bracket just a few quid below that mythical point.

Example 2

A political party that is largely funded by donations and other support from the housebuilding trade is persuaded to give a £100,000 grant to every fist time buyer.

A) What happens to the price of first-time buyer homes?

B) What happens to average profit on first-time buyer homes?

Now THERE'S an example they don't want to address.

He never has said the point of wealth at which he gets uncomfortable with people being at.

That's because you are deliberately attempting to distort my position.

As you know, I am in favour of you being taxed at the same rate on the money you pull in, not on having preferential rates for different routes.

I refer you to the mince pie conversation.

Sponsored Links
Back