Multipanels Fitting To Upstand Shower Tray

WSB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be fitting multipanels with an upstand shower tray.

When fitting these boards with the tray, should they butt up against the tray or is it better to leave a slight gap between.

I know you can get mould resistant sealant but was trying to avoid any visable sealant.

What's the best approach? My aims are to make as waterproof as possible (had enough shower tray leaks in my time!!!) as well as avoiding nasty future silicon sealant mould.

I was planning on using silicon sealant between the upstand and the back of the board and also where the boards connect to the multipanel corner pieces.

Any other tips when fitting these boards would be apprecitated.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Any grout and silicone on tiles has a limited lifespan, and so does silicone on shower boards. Eventually and obviously, mould will appear and standout particularity on white silicone, followed by clear. If you can use anthracite, slate gray, black etc.. silicone, takes much longer before requiring change. If you sealed under the board and not it's edge on the tray, it'll look crap. Been there, done that. darker colour silicones are dreadful to apply to look right, so have patience and wipes at hand. Against chrome and certainly brushed chrome, only use clear. Even white will stain the metal if you try to clean it off.

Thanks, I'll just get the best mould resistant stuff I can get and just accept the fact I'll need to change it at some point in the future.
At least (hopefully) it won't be leaking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back