Multizone electric damper on central heating--What's it do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We moved into a fairly new house five years ago and we're baffled by part of the heating system. In our laundry room we have the main unit of our central heating unit. It has a duct with a Duroline Multizone electric damper in it, and an electric timer mounted on the wall. The timer was an old Intermatic and it had long since died, so I replaced it with a digital unit. When I turn on the switch manually, the exhaust fan in the ceiling comes on and the damper motor makes a whirring sound, but I'm not sure what it's trying to do. I want to program the timer so that this apparatus will do what it's supposed to do, but I don't know what it's for. Anyone run into anything like this before?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I see you are based in the USA. This is a UK based forum, so we may not be able to help. :cry:

I found this after a quick google.

Heating Help is a USA based forum and should be able to help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back